UnityPoint Health Pharmacist-Retail Pharmacy in Cedar Falls, Iowa
UnityPoint - Retail Pharmacy
Cedar Falls, IA
Pharmacy Hours: 8am-8pm all days
Full Time + Benefits
A Retail Pharmacist is responsible for channeling his or her entire effort toward promoting rational drug therapy by providing health care services to patients, health care professionals and the community through the efficient delivery of medications, application of clinical expertise and educational activities.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Culture – At UnityPoint Health, you Come for a fulfilling career and experience a culture guided by uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what's right for the people we serve.
Benefits – Our competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits options like 401K match, paid time off and education assistance that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life stage you’re in.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment – We’re committed to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
Development – We believe equipping you with support and development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment experience.
Community Involvement – Be an essential part of our core purpose—to improve the health of the people and communities we serve.
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work.
• Processing, filling, verifying and counseling on medications distributed.
• Providing prescription clarification, recommendations to patients and consultations with providers
• Assisting in the provision of medication therapy management duties, providing immunizations, and other MTM services as available.
• Other duties as assigned
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
• Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
• Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
• Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
• Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
• Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
• Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
RPh or PharmD degree from a college of pharmacy.
Valid license to practice pharmacy within the state of Iowa.
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Ability to read, write, comprehend and speak fluent English.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2023-136580
Street: 5100 Prairie Pkwy
Name: 2520 UnityPoint Health Allen Hospital
Name: Retail Pharmacy - PrairiePkwy
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 1.0
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: 8a-8p daily, rotating shifts
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org