HarborOne Bank Maintenance Technician II in Boston, Massachusetts
Maintenance technician II: Works closely with the Senior Maintenance Technician and the Facilities Manager to ensure that Bank Property is properly maintained. Performs preventative maintenance, makes minor repairs and supervises, directs and assists outside service personnel and vendors as needed. Effectively communicates with the Senior Maintenance Technician and Facilities Manager on any issues, concerns or observations needing to be addressed. Ensures work is completed on time and with a high level of customer service. The position requires strong communication skills, a flexible schedule, the ability to work independently with vendors and management teams in various locations on short notice and the ability to prioritize and switch gears frequently. Ability to assume and carry out assigned initiatives and additional responsibilities with minimal direction and supervision. On a rotational basis, acts as the 24 hour on-call representative for the Department for emergencies.
1) Assumes responsibility for the effective performance of assigned facility maintenance functions. Operates building equipment and utilities systems to maintain proper heat, cooling, power, water, plumbing, etc., at all times. Assists outside service representative in checking, maintaining, and repairing building equipment
2) Performs and arranges scheduled preventative maintenance and cleaning. Completes inspections and tests, and maintains logs and records reflecting results. Provides assistance and direction on outside service and repair work. Follows - up on work reviews and ensures that outside serviced are efficiently completed.
3) Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned. This includes, but is not limited to:
Performs miscellaneous and specially requested tasks
Assists in reconfiguration of departments and set-up of new branches.
Landscaping: Works with Landscaper and Irrigation vendor to assure proper maintenance of lawns, shrubs, trees and flowers.
Inspects properties after snow storms to make sure all walkways and parking lots are
clear of snow and ice.
4) Help Desk: Coordinate and monitor calls requesting facilities services. Initiate actions by vendors or Corporate Services staff tracking status to completion using the online tracking software. Determine priority of issues coming into the help desk, confer with corporate staff to outline work plan and assign duties. Manage ongoing help desk tickets until issues are resolved. Confer with corporate staff to outline work plan and assign duties.
5) Security: Perform daily maintenance of the Access Control, Cameras, and Alarms Systems for HQ, Branches and Remote ATM's. Work with Training on new employee setup with badge and building access. Be part of the "Alarm Team" for the Bank assisting with any alarm issues that may arise. Performs inspections of all remote ATM's. Provides emergency, 24 hour on call service as required. Assisting employees with key access as necessary
6) Other: Provide backup support to the mail room and purchasing. Filling in during vacations etc. Refer to Mail room/Record Clerk job description for details and requirements of this position.
Provide backup for purchasing which consists of daily sorting and delivering of all supplies and packages received on the loading dock and other tasks associated with this area. Generate reports as requested. Supplies branches with express delivery packaging.as needed
EDUCATION: High school graduate or equivalent.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 4 years of experience in a maintenance/contractor role and/or construction with the industry experience to oversee contractors in regards to the electrical, mechanical, heating, cooling, and plumbing equipment.
Knowledge of janitorial equipment and maintenance procedures. Working knowledge of blueprints and the operation of electrical, mechanical, heating, cooling, and plumbing equipment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES: Good mechanical and problem solving abilities. Well organized and able to work well independently. Must be able to evaluate and reprioritize, a changing workload. Able to coordinate well with others and professionally assist members as needed. Attentive to detail. Able to operate drills, electrical tools, meters, timers, hand tools, and all related machinery. Able to perform light painting, plumbing and carpentry.
LEVEL OF DECSION MAKING:
Must be able to quickly assess sometimes complex problems, assess options for resolution and develop resolutions. Many decisions are of a nature dealing with expensive machinery and equipment where expensive damage could result from poor decision processes. Uses judgement to resolve on-routine issues escalated from junior team members; advanced understanding of support disciplines; uses judgement to handle ambiguity or more complex issues.
LEVEL OF COMPLEXITY:
There are some portions of the job that are routine with minimal complexity. More often, the individual is required to handle issues that are very complex involving understanding relationships between multiple systems, vendors and equipment.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Worker is subject to changing inside and/or outside temperatures which may include extreme heat (temperatures above 100 degrees) or extreme cold (temperatures below 32 degrees.) Works both inside and outside. Subject to weather.
Must work under hazardous conditions including high places, chemical exposures, electrical current, moving machinery, exposure to blood, etc.
Frequent local travel and out - of - town travel. Must maintain a valid driver's license.
HarborOne Bank is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
External Company URL: www.harborone.com