UnityPoint Health Certified Medical Assistant - Bettendorf & Davenport in Bettendorf, Iowa
$3,000 Sign on bonus for external candidates
Bettendorf and Davenport
32-40 hours/week, full time benefits
Hours Between 7:30a-5:30pm M-F
Click the link below to check out a Day In the Life of a CMA at UnityPoint:
At UnityPoint Health - We believe our people are amazing! Our team members are the compassionate core of who we are and how we serve. As a member of our team you play a vital role in this. We support the work that you will do by staying focused on what matters: YOU, our patients, visitors and family members. Are you ready to join a team that is passionate about excellence? If you answered “yes!” read on about our open Experience Specialist position.
Perks of joining our team-
Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts
Life Insurance Options
Long and Short Term Disability Insurance
Generous Paid Time Off
Team Member Discounts
Why UnityPoint Health?
Culture – At UnityPoint Health, you matter. Come for a fulfilling career and experience a culture guided by uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what's right for the people we serve.
Benefits – Our competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits options like 401K match, paid time off and education assistance that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life stage you’re in.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment – We’re committed to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
Development – We believe equipping you with support and development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment experience.
Community Involvement – Be an essential part of our core purpose—to improve the health of the people and communities we serve.
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/
Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
Assist provider and other clinical staff with obtaining basic vital information preparing patient for examination, treatment and minor surgical procedures.
Assist with trimming of toenails/Callous, working with the providers.
Demonstrates competence in the clinical skills necessary to carry out assigned job duties.
May be required to draw and collect blood and other samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis.
Administer ordered medical and/or vaccines.
Responsible for tracking system for follow-up appointments related to office visits, laboratory tests and procedures to regularly follow patients monitoring disease status.
Schedule referrals for patients with specialist or outpatient as requested by the provider. Complete appropriate forms or requisitions needed for referrals or lab testing, including appropriate CPT/ICD-10 coding.
Provide appropriate and timely documentation in the patient’s electronic health record using standardized workflows and processes
Development and Patient Education
· Answer questions and provide teaching to patients and family members.
· Thoroughly understand testing (lab and procedures) values and relationship to patient status with accountability to take next steps, as appropriate to scope and licensure.
· Be aware of what is happening in clinic/department and the organization by attending clinic/department meetings, reading emails and regularly checking information on the organization’s intranet site.
· Maintain compliance with CLIA, OSHA, Safety and Risk Management guidelines.
· Maintain compliance and behave in a manner consistent with all policies and procedures, including but not limited to Compliance, HIPAA and personnel workplace rules.
· Behave in a manner consistent with all Compliance and HIPAA policies and procedures.
· Maintain regular and consistent attendance at work.
· Demonstrate initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
· Balance team and individual responsibilities; be open and objective to other’s views; give and welcome feedback; contribute to positive team goals; and put the success of the team above own interests.
· Perform other duties as requested by Clinic Administrator to facilitate the smooth and effective operations of the office.
Education: Graduate of an accredited program for Medical Assistants. High school diploma required if work is performed in a moderately complex CLIA lab.
Experience: Previous clinical experience in a medical office preferred. Computer data entry experience.
License(s)/Certification(s): Current CME certification for Certified Medical Assistant and AAMA, NCCT, RMA or NHA (Peoria region only) certification. BLS and Mandatory Reporter certification. Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Requisition ID: 2022-119663
Street: 4480 Utica Ridge Rd
Name: 9200 UnityPoint Clinic Affiliate
Name: Pediatrics- Bettendorf- QC
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: FT/PT/PRN
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org