Actalent Clinical Lab Analyst in Ankeny, Iowa
We are hiring!
Actalent is looking for a Clinical Lab Analyst to join their team!
Actalent is hiring for an intermediate-level Clinical Lab Analyst. With this role, you will have the opportunity to gain experience in this booming industry. Our client has been in business since 2005 and views their employees as their most valuable asset. They are committed to assisting our staff to reach their maximum potential by providing an environment that encourages new ideas, creativity, and progress.
· Located in Ankeny, IA
· 3rd Shift: 9:30pm – 7:30am
· Schedule is 5 on, 4 off
· Pay: $20 per hour
· Conduct newborn screening testing on blood spot specimens to help identify infants at risk for an inherited condition. Methods include immunoassay, enzyme assay, electrophoresis, HPLC, tandem mass spectrometry, and molecular methods.
· Perform daily operation and routine maintenance, calibration, and assist in troubleshooting of laboratory instruments and equipment.
· Document and review newborn screening test data, procedures, and results.
· Release data and reports for use by physicians, health care professionals, and newborn screening medical follow-up staff.
· Prepare and maintain standard operating procedures and prepare documentation for test verification or validation studies.
· Perform quality control and quality assurance procedures in accordance with established standard operating procedures and policies.
· Recognize basic problems and assist troubleshooting of laboratory method and performance problems.
· Assemble quality control data for further analysis; recognize problems; document issues; perform root cause analysis; and initiate corrective actions.
Skills and Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, Genetics, or other related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Candidates must meet Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) qualifications for high complexity testing. (6 semesters of Biology and 6 semesters of Chemistry). Candidates need to have at least 3 months of experience working hands on in a lab - Cannot just be from taking a lab class but if they actually worked in a lab in school this could count.
· Would also consider a certified Medical Lab Technologist or an MLT
· If someone has an AA they need to meet the CLIA requirements.
· Desirable Experience:
o Six months to one year related Newborn Screening (NBS) laboratory experience.
o Basic experience with immunoassay, mass spectrometry, and molecular biology techniques.
o Completion of human genetics college course work
o Quality Assurance and Quality Control (QA/QC) experience.
For consideration,please send resumes to ccamelin@actalentservices. com
Actalent is a global leader in engineering and sciences services and talent solutions. We help visionary companies advance their engineering and science initiatives through access to specialized experts who drive scale, innovation and speed to market. With a network of almost 30,000 consultants and more than 4,500 clients across the U.S., Canada, Asia and Europe, Actalent serves many of the Fortune 500.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Actalent, diversity and inclusion are a bridge towards the equity and success of our people. DE&I are embedded into our culture through:
Hiring diverse talent
Maintaining an inclusive environment through persistent self-reflection
Building a culture of care, engagement, and recognition with clear outcomes
Ensuring growth opportunities for our people
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please email email@example.com (%firstname.lastname@example.org) for other accommodation options.
- Actalent Jobs