UnityPoint Health Dietitian/Nutrition Consultant ( Full Time) in Anamosa, Iowa
Sign On Incentive of $7500 for qualifying candidates!
Assesses the nutritional needs of patients and monitors their nutritional care. As a member of the interdisciplinary team, contributes professional nutrition knowledge and skills in the provision and management of care to all customers. Maintains a practice environment that reflects the Code of Ethics for Registered Dietitian Nutritionist.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Culture – At UnityPoint Health, you Come for a fulfilling career and experience a culture guided by uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what's right for the people we serve.
Benefits – Our competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits options like 401K match, paid time off and education assistance that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life stage you’re in.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment – We’re committed to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
Development – We believe equipping you with support and development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment experience.
Community Involvement – Be an essential part of our core purpose—to improve the health of the people and communities we serve.
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work.
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). Do not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
· Provides nutrition counseling for all customers (staff, patients, families, physicians, etc.) and participates in the necessary decisions to provide excellent care. Provides Medical Nutrition Therapy and Diabetes Self-management Training with a referral from PCP.
· Participates/facilitates in committees, attends and serves on professional organizations, participates in performance improvement activities.
· Monitors, oversees and assures proper documentation for compliance of an accurate legal record of patient’s care.
· Manages, oversees and delivers high quality care utilizing the nutrition care process while demonstrating knowledge and clinical skills of the specialty required in assigned department in accordance with established policies, procedures and standards of care.
· Utilizes and manages holistic approach (considering biopsychosocial, spiritual, educational, safety, and related criteria) appropriate to the age of the patients and families served in the assigned service area.
· Provides direction for other healthcare providers and hold them accountable for their involvement in the plan of care, project or task assigned.
· Utilizes critical thinking in making independent judgments, and maintains responsibility and accountability for the knowledge of conditions of assigned duties.
· Analyze evaluation and manage services to ensure the following: exceptional care delivery, serving more patients, effective and efficient operations, committed team members. To uphold the mission and vision of UPH: “Best Outcome Every Patient Every Time” and “Improve the Health of the People & Communities We Serve”.
Development & Patient/Staff Education
· Selects, trains/orient and facilitates appropriate staffing measures to meet department needs.
· Continues professional development and involvement in professional activities that enhance leadership skills/practice and sharing knowledge through networking and research.
· Assess and manage teaching strategies appropriate to all customers: age specific needs, culture, gender, readiness to learn and level of comprehension.
· Consults appropriate resources within the hospital to help support and provide specialized education.
· Demonstrates and manages workplace safety to preventing errors, accidents and infections; reports/takes action on potential or actual concerns immediately.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates and holds others accountable for the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance and holds others to the same standard.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, DIA, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Graduate of accredited Food Science and Human Nutrition program (Bachelor of Science)
Strong clinical background
Prefer one (1) year of hospital experience or demonstrated clinical efficiency.
Current licensure in good standing to practice as a Dietitian in Iowa.
Must complete and maintain requirements of the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CRD).
Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English.
Microsoft Office – advanced computer skills; working spreadsheets and databases.
Critical thinking skills using independent judgment in making decisions.
Excellent human relations and communication skills.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Work may occasionally require travel to other UPH facilities. May drive a UPH vehicle, rental or own vehicle.
Information about Jones Regional Medical Center - Anamosa, IA
Jones Regional Medical Center has been named 5th fastest growing hospital in the US by Modern Healthcare
· All private rooms
· Three major trauma rooms with an additional four exam rooms
· State-of-the-art equipment and lighting
· Easy navigation for patients to be evaluated and treated in the ED
· Radiology/laboratory services located next to ED for easy testing access
· 5500+ volume Monthly
· 24/7 RT, Lab, ER and Radiology
· Daytime offerings - Therapy, Wound, Social Services, Counseling, Rehabilitation
· Great place to have a rural quality of life but have access to larger cities (30-minutes to Cedar Rapids and 45-minutes to Iowa City)
Choose Jones County
Jones County, located in the heart of Eastern Iowa along Highway 151, is central to major U.S. markets. Within five hours of Chicago, Minneapolis, St. Louis, Madison, and Omaha with easy access to the crossroads of America, Interstates 80 and 35.
Living in Jones County
· Easy highway access to major shopping/entertainment in Cedar Rapids
· Just 45 minutes from Iowa City
· Growing trail system for walking and biking
· Museums including the National Motorcycle Museum and the Anamosa State Penitentiary Museum
· State and local parks for camping and recreation
· Two new aqua parks
· Numerous golf courses
· Home of the Jones County Fair the 3rd largest county fair in the state of Iowa.
Requisition ID: 2022-119690
Street: 1795 Hwy 64 E
Name: 1050 UnityPoint Health Jones Regional Medical Center
Name: Nutrition Services- Counseling
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 0.9
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: 36 Hours Per Week - Mainly Days