Valero Associate Health Safety & Environmental Specialist - Ethanol Plant in ALBERT CITY, Iowa
Assists with the ongoing implementation and maintenance of systems to meet environmental, health and safety regulations/performance for ethanol production facility.
- Supports the implementation of processes and procedures to maintain compliance with all applicable local, state and federal regulations and permits under OSHA, TTB, FRA, EPA and state environmental agencies.
- Supports the facility’s Emergency Action Plan (EAP), Integrated Contingency Plan (ICP), Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasures (SPCC), and Risk Management Plan (RMP).
- Assits in maintaining the facility’s commitments under the sites Air, Appropriations, NPDES, and Waste permits. Completes multi-media responsibility for task driven commitments.
- Establishes and maintains relationship with local fire departments and response organizations to facilitate their participation in the Facility Response Plan.
- Maintains and ensures implementation of assigned elements of Process Safety Management (PSM).
- Ensures implementation of Safe Work Practices (SWP), including providing training and making required changes.
- Implements site security plan.
- Ensures Fugitive VOC emissions compliance. Maintains LeakDAS inventory and conducts monitoring as necessary.
- Works with other departments to ensure completion of Title V compliance tasks (insepctions, logs, etc.)
- Follows through on tasks defined on Environmental Health and Safety Routine Duties Calendar, ensuring 100% compliance with assigned tasks.
- Maintains Environmental Health & Safety policies and procedures, as assigned.
- Maintains Chemical Management System, including driving change as necessary.
- Maintains compliance data systems, providing clear, timely access to information for routine reporting.
- Provides support to the site’s Safety Committee and the Hazard Recognition Inspection Team (HRIT).
- Maintains site portable gas meters and conducts monthly calibrations, repair as necessary. Tracks calibrations.
- Ensures Industrial Hygiene testing is conducted. Coordinates sampling and training with contractor.
- Ensures systems are in place to provide required compliance and site’s performance for all areas of responsibility.
- Develops training schedule and provides instructor-led training.
- Assists with maintaining HSE training calendar.
This position is salaried exempt status, which means you are not eligible for overtime pay.
* High school diploma or GED required. * Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Safety/Environmental Sciences or related technical field preferred. * At least one year of experience in operating industrial facility subject to environmental, health and safety regulations preferred. * Experience in the area of industry, energy or manufacturing preferred.
Position level and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
About Valero Renewables – Albert City
Valero's Albert City ethanol plant is located near Albert City, Iowa, about 95 miles northeast of Sioux City. The biorefinery sits on 78 acres and started ethanol production in December 2006. The facility uses a dry-grind production method and state-of-the-art technology to maintain industry-leading standards in production, safety, product quality and environmental stewardship. The Albert City plant annually processes approximately 47 million bushels of corn into approximately 135 million gallons of denatured ethanol and 355,000 tons of distillers grains co-products. The biorefinery employs more than 70 full-time personnel.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team. For more information, visit Valero.com.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.
Job: Health, Safety, %26 Environmental: Professionals %26 Engineers
Primary Location: US-IA-Albert City
Job Posting: Apr 4, 2022, 8:00:37 AM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 220017S
- Valero Jobs